This year, as one of our sons put it, we've been "really good, not naughty at all"!
We've worked hard, played hard and shared with our friends.
In exchange for those yummy cookies you just ate, can you please leave the following under everyone's tree:
1. Time. Please give parents time to spend with their kids. Time uninterrupted by work obligations or other adult responsibilities. Time spent "hands free" and "unplugged." It seems to be a luxury for many these days, so this is at the top of our list.
2. Fresh Air. Please give parents and kids alike the desire to go outside and seek out places that nourish them with fresh air. We know that not everyone has the ability to go hiking in the mountains, so the neighbourhood park will do just fine!
3. Patience. Please give parents a deep well of patience when exploring the outdoors with their kids. We know from experience that it is hard to let go and just let our kids set the pace- sometimes it is so painfully slow to us! Help parents access this resource so that outdoor adventures don't become stressful races to the end of the trail.
4. Courage and an Adventurous Spirit. Please leave a large bag of courage and the spirit of adventure for both parents and their kids! Take us back to a time when we turned over rocks, made forts under bushes and climbed a hill just to roll down to the bottom and do it all over again. We wish for kids to test their physical and emotional limits and take risks while exploring the outdoors. We wish for parents to have the courage to allow their kids to take those risks and have faith that everything will be ok! Sure, they might get a bump, bruise or scrape, but the experiences will be worth it!
5. Love and Laughter. Please give parents an endless fountain of exploding love opening their hearts to all of the above. Some giggles, smiles and guffaws would be great too! Love and laughter, just like fresh air, are essential to the soul. We wish for silliness and playfulness for all!
Thank you Santa, from the bottom of our heart. We know you'll pull through for us!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
The MyMayu Family
P.S. OH, and if it's not too much to ask... LOTS OF CANDY AND CHOCOLATES! Especially salted caramels!