It's summertime! The kids are out of school and sometimes it can be a real struggle to get them away from the screen and out of the house. I'm not immune to the draw of using a screen as a babysitter, especially when I have work to do! I run most things around here at MyMayu and there is always lots to do. We don't have a nanny or family in the area, so I am also the full-time caretaker of our two boys. On those days when I need a push, the beach it is! We're so lucky to live where the beach and the mountains are virtually at our doorstep.
5 Tips for Beach Play
- Pack the sunscreen!!! Water reflects and it can burn young skin quickly (I talk from experience here!)
- Don't forget the snacks. Nothing cuts an outing short like hungry kids. We most often take cut up fruit, cheese quesadillas and granola bars. Watch those birds!
- Stand back. Let them lead the exploration. Ask open ended questions. See where they guide you.
- Use the time to unplug yourself a bit. I know... it's hard to put away the phone. I'm guilty too!
Try it for 30 minutes (no photos either!) and see what happens to your mood.
- Use MyMayu boots! The great thing about our boots at the beach is that they can explore freely in and out of the water and tide pools etc without you having to stop to take rocks and sand out of their sandals!
Their feet are protected and the focus is on outdoor play and exploration vs. barnacles or rocks cutting up their feet.
Here's a fun video of our most recent beach trip in our MyMayu Boots!
Happy Summertime Exploring!