Ethics & Sustainability
MyMayu works hard to bring its products to you in an ethical and sustainable way. We care about the environment and the people who help bring our products to our customers. You might ask yourself, what does this really mean?
Let us explain.
In our manufacturing and shipping practices, we are doing the following things to reduce our environmental impact and improve the social conditions of the people involved in making our products:
- carefully monitoring the working conditions of the people making our products to ensure a healthy work environment and a living wage. We are proud to say that no child labour is used in making our kids' boots and liners. Made for kids, not by kids!
- sourcing raw materials that are recyclable or from recycled materials wherever possible. I.e. the soles of our boots are recyclable and the textile uppers of our Play boots are made from 100% recycled polyester
- sourcing locally where possible, thereby minimizing the shipping and the associated carbon footprint
- carefully monitoring the waste being produced in the manufacture of our products and finding ways to reduce it wherever possible
- carefully monitoring the chemicals in the raw materials our products are constructed from
- minimizing packaging and using only recycled paper materials (no polybags) in our products’ packaging so that we use as few natural resources as possible
- making high quality, durable, products that last and give value to our customers- parents and kids alike
- making products that can be wholly or partially recycled (for example, the soles on our Explorer and Play boots can be recycled)
- shipping in bulk to strategic warehouse locations so that you can get your MyMayu products quickly with the smallest carbon footprint possible
In our corporate practices we are doing these things to minimize our environmental impact:
- going paperless with our corporate affairs wherever feasible and legal
- recycling office supplies and using recycled paper products in our office
- using recycled paper in our promotional materials and business cards whenever possible
- using technology to connect with buyers, retailers and customers in a way that minimizes air travel and reduces our carbon footprint
- using a trade show display booth constructed of 98% reclaimed wood to demonstrate how companies can commit to sustainable practices in all areas